I’m feeling very honoured to have been nominated for the Leibster Award by Kelly at This Mom Gig! I didn’t think I had been blogging long enough to come on to anyone’s radar yet. I came across her blog relatively recently when she was writing about her “high-needs” little girl who reminds me a bit of E when she was a baby. I couldn’t imagine having to raise her on my own so hats off to her.
The Liebster Award is a “pass it on award” which helps lesser known blogs get some extra views from a different audience. I really like the idea as it is often hard to find new and interesting blogs to read.
The general rules are that you:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers.
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
So here are the answers to the questions Kelly set me:
- What is your favorite season? – I love the season of change best but they are so different… I’m going to have to say Spring right now probably because its topical but I might change my mind again in Autumn.
- What is your favorite meal to cook? – Wow, that’s a toughie. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner or occasion or is it a set menu? I’m going to go with Breakfast as I love how it starts your day on a high note when you do a cooked breakfast. Often its on weekends too and I like begin relaxed when I cook.
- What is your earliest childhood memory? – I think it was in Kindergarden when I was about 3. We were having an argument during colouring with some girls and a few boys on whether pink of black was a better colour.
- Who in your family are you closest to? – My father. He has been very ill twice now in my life and each time it has brought us closer.
- Where would you rather wake up: a tent in the woods or a resort hotel bed? – Tent! I don’t like resorts and prefer having our own space.
- What makes you happy? – “Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…” but seriously it would have to be sunshine and my family.
- How do you take your coffee? – Depends on the time of day and the weather… Normally what the Swiss call a “café” which is like a slightly longer expresso.
- What is success? – Being happy.
- Dogs, cats, both or neither? – Both.
- If you could invite anyone in the world to dinner, who would you have? – My aunt. I miss her.
- What is something you’re great at? – Being a mum. I know we all have our moments of doubt as parents but generally I love being a mum and looking after my two. I’ve always mothered everyone really so its not really new and being in hotellerie and food and beverage before has helped. Also I’m frankly pretty average at most things. Let’s skip forward to the teenage years and see if I’m saying the same thing…
It now falls on me to nominate my 11 favourite blogs with less than 500 followers:
- The Clear Parent
- Teaching Every Day
- Eat Sleep Bake Repeat
- Freedom Home Learning
- it’s ok to call your kid an asshole…
- Mom Goes On
- familydaystriedandtested’s Blog
- Two Three Or Not Two Three…
- Life Changing Moments
- The Peachicks Bakery
- A series of changes
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the title of your blog?
- In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Give us the link.
- What’s the best advice you ever received?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
- What would be your ideal day out?
- What is your favourite recipe? (Can you share it?)
- What is your most cherished memory?
- How many hours did you sleep last night?
- If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What makes you laugh out loud?
I look forward to reading your answers!